Italian Cooking with @Foodfables
Time & Location
About the Event
About the teacher:
Jenny Arena is a passionate home cook and recipe developer. Jenny loves to delve into the history and origins of food. She journals the stories and traditions of culturally specific dishes (the most prominent being Italian) while developing recipes of her own.
Jenny has been journaling stories and recipes in her blog "Fables and Focaccia" for over a decade. Her passion for the culinary arts expands into hosting curated pop-up dinner events and cooking classes for which she has been featured on local media. Jenny has been featured as food expert on several podcasts and has also been invited to be a guest lecturer at York University for the Italian Studies program on the Language of Food.
For your information, this is what Jenny will be using to create the meal:
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves slivered, or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or more, optional
- 1 pound long pasta 1 package (454 grams)
- 1-2 cups reserved pasta water separated
- ½ cup fresh basil + additional for garnish
- 5-6 tablespoons lemon juice approximately 2 lemons
- ½ cup pecorino romano cheese or Parmigiano cheese plus extra for serving
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1/8 cup pine nuts crushed
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley minced
Information regarding payment will be provided upon registration via email.
Dolce Vita Mercato reserves the right to cancel the workshop at any time should it be deemed necessary. Dolce Vita Mercato reserves the right to remove any workshop attendee for cause or no cause. If the workshop is canceled, or if the attendee is removed for any reason, the attendee will be refunded any fees paid, but will be entitled to no other compensation or damages.